The OU Academy of the Lynx exists to collaborate with educators in exhibit-based learning.
The OU Academy of the Lynx was formed in the Summer of 2014 to support the collaboration and creation of OER’s for the exhibitions of the History of Science Collections. All interested educators are invited to join us in uncovering the usefulness of the history of science for education. Currently we are developing Open Educational Resources for Galileo’s World.
Our emblem comes from the Accademia dei Lincei, a scientific society founded by Federigo Cesi in 1603. The purpose of the society was to uncover the truths of the natural world. It adopted the lynx as its icon due to the sharp eyesight of the lynx.
For more information about the managing members of the OU Lynx, visit the About the Authors page.